Thursday, January 3, 2013

Visitation Rights

Happy New Year Big Red fans! The family and I just returned from a mini-family reunion down at my folks place. We got to see my parents plus my sister and her family. It was shorter than we would have hoped, but a good visit. Now, if only we get that last piece of luggage that the airline lost...

Anyway, as I have noted, my Father has bought me several tools for Big Red lately, and I got to "visit" them while we were down. Unfortunately, most of the stuff was way too big for carry on luggage (a 70 lb. vice, air compressor, 3-ton floor jack with stands and creeper plus some air tools and an oscillating sander), but I did bring back one or two items. My Dad also reminded me that I promised to polish the chrome and stainless pieces over the winter, and that I hadn't done any of that yet. Sigh, yeah, I need to get on that.

Thinking optimistically, it may one day warm up here (it's -2 with a wind chill of -16 as I type this), but I'm not holding my breath. It surely will get colder before it warms. After looking it up, average lows around these parts remain below zero through mid-February, and we will finally see average highs above freezing by April. In other words, the chrome and stainless has time...

Waiting for a ride north

Is it warm up there yet?
Hey - it's cold outside, come play with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment