Saturday, September 1, 2012

Yup, this is how I though it would go

Ah, the routine of "sports season," as we call it. The time of year when I run around like a mad man, studying, preparing and interviewing coaches for half the week, then travel and the actual radio broadcasting. It runs from now (with football starting) through at least Memorial Day weekend, and as it did this past year, sometimes into mid-June. One game a week to start, then November through March, four or even five games a week. Not to mention that while I'm busy doing sports, I'm also working back at the radio station and driving bus. In other words, not much time for Big Red on the horizon...

I did check on the master cylinder before I left for that first football game yesterday. The fluid held, which means that there are no leaks in the reservoir. The brake pedal still won't move, so I'm going to try putting some gradual pressure on it by leaning a cinder block against it. Hopefully, slight pressure, rather than a jolt, will work the cylinder loose. If that doesn't work, I might have to break down and re-build it.

Goofy grin, eh? From back on delivery day.

Back on the "lack of free-time" topic, I should actually have some this weekend! However, Big Red isn't the only project on my list. The honey-do list has included painting the house for quite a while, so that project gets crossed off before anything else can get done on the truck...

No comments:

Post a Comment