Monday, September 17, 2012

Christmas in September!

Wow, quick shipping! My eBay win arrived in the mail today, and so did my master cylinder rebuild kit from Rock Auto. The Rock Auto arrival surprised me the most. I selected the cheapest shipping option, which was 1st Class Mail from the USPS at just $3.05, compared to "Ground" at $11+, or overnight at $40 (!). My order was just placed last Friday, so it only took 3 days to get here. Now, Rock Auto is just one state away (they're in Wisconsin - I'm in Minnesota), but how many places that you can order from would take an order on a Friday, and leave it on the shipping guy's desk over the weekend and maybe get it out the door on Monday? Overall, I came away very impressed with the shipping and will give Rock Auto a go next time I need something for Big Red - assuming they have it!

Vintage buy off eBay

A bag of parts. Hmm, time to figure out how the master cylinder comes apart, I suppose...

I'm going to take my "Owner's and Driver's Manual" and make copies of all the pages, and use the copies, rather than the original to refer back to when working on the truck. The paper isn't in terrible shape, but for a book that's over 60 years old, it's seen better days. I think it will spend most of the rest of its time with me inside the plastic cover it came with.

No comments:

Post a Comment