Wednesday, September 12, 2012

I won!

That eBay auction I mentioned in my post earlier today? I sniped a bid with 4 minutes left and got this fantastic Original Vintage KB-6/KBS-6 Owner's and Driver's Manual.


Now, you may say, "didn't you already buy the service manual for Big Red?" Well, yes - sort of. I got the main service manual for the K and KB line of trucks. If you look at the entire line of trucks, you note that it covers everything from a standard 1/2 ton pickup, all the way to a 90,000 lb. tractor trailer. In other words, my K/KB service manual is 600 pages, and there's a lot of stuff that is fantastic (the info on rebuilding my master cylinder) and stuff that is extraneous or missing (the section on removing the truck's cab deals exclusively with the K/KB1-5 versions, and has nothing on the K/KB6 and up). Needless to say, 39 pages all about Big Red? I'm thrilled!

No comments:

Post a Comment