Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Baby it's cold outside - and I'm jacked!

So, it's been a month since I did an update. And there's a good reason(s) for that. School continues to keep me busy driving bus, and my other jobs have been going well (with the HS football team I broadcast games for into the state playoffs, so I've driven them and announced their games), plus the big cool down is in full effect. High's have been in the 30's or 40's just about every day, so the unheated garage hasn't been any warmer. I briefly thought about going out there this past weekend to remove the master cylinder, but highs of 32 and 33 Sat and Sun didn't get me very motivated.

So, with all that said, I did accomplish something today Big Red related. I had stopped at the local pawn shop a couple days ago to check on their changing inventory (hey, it's like a garage sale open every day!), and found a pair of 3-ton jack stands for just $12! I almost bought them right on the spot, but talked myself out of it. Today, I decided I couldn't go wrong for the price - half of a new set at most of the car part stores in town. So, here they are:


Yes. Likely the most exciting photo you'll look at all day... At least it's one more item I can check off my winter buy list (still need the carb rebuild kit, the missing stainless hood pieces and, oh yeah, the floor jack so that the stands aren't just hunks of metal taking up space in the garage). Fortunately, or unfortunately (depending on your view of cold weather), there's lots of time before it's warm enough to get back to work on Big Red.

No comments:

Post a Comment