Thursday, February 28, 2013

Man, those are heavy!

I paid for my huge tire deal Monday:

Deal of the century - IF you needed 9.00x20 tires!

And picked them up today:

Snow on the ground, buses in the background, huge heavy tires in my pickup

They are heavy. It took two of us to lift them into the back of my pickup, and I decided to weigh them once I got them home... 160 lbs. each on the bathroom scale. Now, I do have to return the hubs once I get them mounted on Big Red's cast rims, but there's no rush. I'm pretty sure they will either just sell the rims of scrap them.

More photos! Here's the new 9.00's next to the old 8.25 rear duals:

Hmm, tread - what a concept!

And the new propped up next to the front:

Tight squeeze, but I think it'll make it!

I do have a minor concern about the tires rubbing on the fender when turning, but it looks like it should be okay. No way to know for sure 'til they're on there...

And speaking of, I got a lead on a place locally that mounts truck size tube tires. I got a quote of $40 per tire to swap them out, so it's going to end up running $35 + $240 = $275 to get good tires all around. Considering what I said it could have cost? I'm thrilled!

No comments:

Post a Comment