Friday, August 17, 2012

Spending more money

The first of what I'm sure will be many orders went out today - orders for parts, manuals, and what-not. Today it was two of the four missing chrome pieces and the main service manual for International K and KB Series trucks. While IHC is no where near as popular a brand as say, Ford or Dodge or GMC, there are specialty web sites that stock parts for vintage International trucks. I'm sure I'll make friends with the folks that run these sites, as I'll be in need of more parts before all is said and done.

Also, Billy and I have come up with a game-plan for attacking the renovation. Aside from the already started task of removal of the grain box, getting the brakes working will be the next item on the to-do list. The master cylinder is stuck, so it either needs to be re-built or replaced.

I've also decided I don't like blog posts without photos, so here's one my daughter Anna took of the turn signal. Kind of unique, and the shape got them the nickname, "soup can signals."


No comments:

Post a Comment